Sunday, February 7, 2010

LULULEMON - The Anti-Stink Test

When I asked most of the Lululemon regulars, "why do you pay so much for a Lululemon'?. The answers were "it lasts for years", "the colour doesn't fade-out", the tanks and tights does not get out of shape", it retains its shape even after machine wash", "it does not stink even after years", "it does not stink even when you leave it overnight in the bag after yoga/run".

However, the most important feedback to me was "it doesn't not stink with sweat" even after years of wearing it. I have worn brands like the most popular "Nightky", "Ribok", "Puhma", "Elllllle" and even "Eeeego Fit" (very uncomfortable bra top) and I find that after 1 year or so, they begin to smell of sweat even before you actually sweat in them!!! I do feel kinda embarrass when the teacher walks to me to align me, "can he smell me"???

Of course, without hesitation, I bought Lululemons to wear. It not only comes in beautiful colours, design and material. It is actually very flattering to the body, accentuating at the right places. However, my only regret was I bought my tank top a size up, though it holds well, it does shift a little when I twist & hangs out a little when i am in downward dog (but not exposing anything!!!) Therefore, please refer to the size chart and get your size right.

Back to the Anti-Stink test. After a hot afternoon of gentle flow (felt more like a flow, when you start dripping with sweat within 3 minutes). I decided not to wipe my sweat, to a point I felt I was in a sauna, drenched. Left it drenched in my bag for a day, could smell my sweat (ok, you probably going ewwww... ) and its been in my laundry basket for 5 days now. Surprisingly, on the 4th day, I did the stink test! Sniff it, & surprisingly, the "smell" is gone? how???? evaporated?? possible.... but where's the sweat smell??? I plan to leave it unwashed for 7-8 days.

Reason for the test? I am selling them, I got to believe their tag-line to be true!! Can't comment about the colour stay, till much later. Shape retained after several wash, but its too early to know.

Get the Luon or Luon light or the Run Tech material. The organic cotton rib legging is too thick for our tropical climate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EEEWWWWWwwwwwww!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Renee