Monday, April 27, 2009

Yoga Partner

I was pleasantly surprised by today's class as Lily suggested that we do yoga partner. Lily asked us to carry each other on our back, and initially I was apprehensive as I didn't want to break anyone's back. Lily being a petite,assured me that it is ok & I kept asking her "are you sure??? really sure I won't break your back???". It was an uplifting feeling, wow I can't believe it that petite Lily can carry me up to a level that high. I could hear every vertebrae stretched by the crackling sound. (the lady in the pic is not me)





Partner assisted forward bend.
I went down at ease with the help of my partner as her weight presses my back downwards to my knees.

Being on top, we did feel a really good stretch from the armpit to the upper arm. I did feel it was a good stretch for the back & it was very relaxing at the same time.

make sure your back is resting on each other comfortably & with the legs stretched out.






No comments: