Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I still can't do it!!

As the drizzle continues till late evening, we had to move venue to a sheltered area, but we still had the cool breeze, in exchange for the birds' chirping, we had some honking and some cars' fan belt that needs servicing. But that didn't distract us from the yoga lessons. As a matter of fact, some of the resident from the condo opposite us had a good view of us and had some free lessons too. We could actually see them imitating our poses! and I believe at some point they even took out their camera. LOL!

All of us had such a good class with Keane and it was an 90mins class, sorry for those whom missed the class. Great work-out after the long weekend, wish we could have classes everyday or at least 3 x a week.

I wonder why after 3 years of practise, I am still not able to do the crane, why? why? (But I still consider myself a beginner, as I also can't do a head stand, & many other poses) Is it the lack of arm strength? I know that beneath the fats wrapping my arms, I can feel my triceps and biceps too and when I tense my arms, I could also see my definition. But why? is it the fear of falling forward or falling down or injuring my wrist (had weak wrist before). However, the odd thing is I can do the side crane with both feet up. I should practise the crane before the next class.

Not sure about everyone else, but I am always thrilled and ecstatic when I am able to conquer a pose for that 1st time. It feels like I have achieved something great. Yeah, I am easy to please, but really, till now it still amazes me what human beings can do with their body!! The magic of YOGA!

Some pics to share with you, some of the other practitioner doing the crane.




She did it.















and she tried, tried & tried and did the baby
crane. Bravo!

2 comments:

yamuna, yogini said...

Yoga is not only about be able to execute headstand or crane but about us understanding the importance of our practice beyond this body. Normally the most simple posses are the most difficult.

Anyway, do not give up, I'm sure you are able, one day.

yogababy said...

Hi Yamuna,

Thanks for your comment. I do agree with you. Eventhough I can't execute those difficult poses, I know I have improved tremendously on my alignment & stronger which is important to me. Well, I am not trying to achieve folding my legs over my neck, but it will be a good accomplishment.