Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New Arrival - Skidless Yogitoes

Great news!! The new stock of Skidless Yogitoes Towel Mat has just arrived. Variety of colours from soft blue, earthy & vivid bright colours. There is only 1 piece from each colour.

Purple with Butterfly


Lavender - Rape Awareness



Moss & Stone - Stability, strength, solidity
Maroon - Lakshmi

Light Golden Brown - Vishnu (like mine, nice soft earthy tone)



Blue - Water Element

Blue - Ganesha



Orange - Fire Element

Maroonish Brown - Krishna



Please go directly to the website at http://www.yogitoes.com/index3.php?l=shop to have a clearer look at the colours.

Size of Mat - 24" x 68"



I recently used mine, & according to the instructions I need to wash it 2x before use. But I was too excited to use it, I just soaked the towel in water for 5 minutes, hang it to dry, which took about 2 hours (with the ultra hot day, & gosh, as I write, I have the windows & sliding doors close tightly, hoping I don't need to inhale the haze! that reminds me to switch on the Hepaire) & repeated the procedure. I am not sure if my towel bleed as i only soaked it for 5 mins, but according to some users & also the manufacturer, it should bleed. Therefore, please don't throw it in the washer with your whites. Since we paid so much for it, I would advice that we take the effort to hand-wash it so that it would last you a lifetime?????


In my opinion, I find that the towel would be a great lining between the studio mats and you, as it provides a dry & more hygienic practise. I know that some of us perspire a lot, and I have experienced lying down on a drenched mat in a studio (before I got my own personal mat) and it becomes somewhat an unpleasant feeling. For those that does Bikram/Hot Yoga, this is definitely a towel mat to get!!!! It absorbs your perspire and it still gives you an anti-slip when doing down-ward dog (how do you not slip when doing down-ward dog in a HOT class with all the sweat dripping on a normal polyutarene mat the studios provide??) And it's so much lighter and convenient to carry a towel mat than a yoga mat.

Speaking of yoga mats. My first yoga mat was a Nike mat, the thinnest one so that its not heavy to carry, I do love the fact that it has a line in the centre, great for alignment esp. in warrior poses. But after some time (probably 1 yr) the mat started to loose its grip due to the mat thinning and the pressure from my palms has exhausted its thread. Since then I have been looking around for a good, environmentally friendly, guaranteed anti slip mats which can only be bought either from Singapore or you could import it directly from US or UK.


Of course there is the Cadillac of mats, "Manduka", amongst the other available brands, e.g. Crescent Moon, Jade Yoga, Ecoyoga by Como Shambala, etc.


I recently upgraded (LOL) to Ecoyoga mat by Como Shambala, its 100% eco-friendly and I LOVE IT. Its sooooo anti-slip, feels spongy too from its latex & jute. And my girlfriend is looking for a Jadeyoga mat. Should I import in, Hmmmmm???? Anyone interested in getting any imported mats??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear, if u get the Jade Harmony Professional (in Sedona Red) mat for me I will LOVE U TO BITS!!! As usual, great posts. Hope class is still on tomorrow coz i always look forward to it! :)

Renee