Sunday, June 21, 2009

Please watch this video-18TG

Last Friday's class with Matthew was invigorating. He said "lets just do Sarvasana for 1 hr!!!, or we could do a Flow class, just simply flow to the left and then flow to the right" we all broke out laughing. However, we did Gentle Flow, it was gently slow but the effect of it is more powerful than of an Ashtangha. I get a chance to breathe in and out of the asanas, feel the tremendous stretch of the hamstring, the side stretch of my body, the shoulder blades had a good workout too with Anusara (btw, i still feel the effect of the stretch today, a mild ache).

I love the fact that he reminds us not to reach out to touch/grab your toes and compromise your alignment (you know what I mean right?) while doing Revolved Head to Knee Pose/Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/2496. But we did it quite differently, we had the opposite hand holding on to the bending knee, so its tougher to actually have your hand touching the toes, & there is where the stretchhhhhh is. I usually could grab my toes, but with the other hand on the knee, hmmmm, I need more practice :).

I filmed Renee doing a cart-wheel, very impressive. But somehow the file is not compatible when I blue-toothed to my laptop. But anyway, please watch the video below, be patient & watch for at least 30 secs, that's when your jaw will drop. As the heading recommends-18TG. (do not do this at home without Teacher's Guidance"

http://thefunnypage.com/potato-sisters/

Classes for the week :-

1) Monday 22/06/09

Class : Flow

Teacher : Lily

Time : 4.45pm -6.00pm

2) Tuesday 23/06/09

Class : Yoga Core

Teacher : Felix

Time : 3.00pm - 4.15pm

3) Friday 26/06/09

Class : Gentle Flow

Teacher : Keane

Time : 4.45pm-6.15pm

1 comment:

Isabelle said...

hi yogababy. dropped you an email in your yahoo inbox. Do have a look! :)