Saturday, November 8, 2008

Awakening with Azmi

Camel pose/Ustrasana
Variations of Side Plank/Vasisthasana
Pose Dedicated to the Sage Koundinya II/Eka Pada Koundiyanasana II
Sat -My upper arms are aching as I type, in fact with all the chaturanga, I couldn't feel my arms before the end of the class. It has been such a long time since I had chaturanga, lately it has been knee, chest & chin down, which now I know that my upper arms has been resting for too long. Of course it wasn't a problem with Azmi's regulars, but poor me was suffering. It was an Awakening for me!!


Sun -Just an update- my arms are recovered within the next 1 hr- according to Azmi, that means I have lots of minerals & zinc in body, therefore, muscles recovers better & at a faster rate. I managed to take lots of pics/video & observe the practice. It was a good experience as I know now how important it is to have a good alignment for a beautiful asana. Some ppl were strong in their asanas however the alignment were simply not there. Well, my personal challenge is that I try my best to have better alignment for now, rather than being able to execute strong asanas, which I eventually hope I can. I hope the pics help the practioners notice their execution-no hard feelings eh?
Note the practitioner on the right did not tuck her tail bone under & has her lower back curved? When at chair pose/utkatasana, the tailbone must be tucked-in and torso to be tight so that your lower back will not be over-arched.




Bridge pose/Setu Bandha Sarvangasana


No comments: